I got this recipe from Susie Stauffer some years ago. Very tasty and moist....a must for me to like bran muffins!
Mix together and set aside:
3 c. bran
2 c. buttermilk (or sour milk)
Beat together:
2 eggs
2/3 c. oil
1 1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Stir in bran/milk mixture
Mix and then stir into wet ingredients:
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
Stir in:
2 c. shredded carrots
1 c. raisins (opt.) (I prefer chopped dates...Yum!)
Fill greased muffin cups about 2/3 full. The recipe says to bake at 400* for 15 to 20 minutes, but I have never timed them so go with what you think. =) Plus I usually don't bake muffins that high so you can really do what you want! =) (BOy, If I ever wanted to write a cookbook I would have to majorly change some of my baking habits, eh?!)
July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
these look really good! I think I'll also try the blueberry muffins. You mentioned making your own yogart. Is it hard?
that would be yogurt
Post a Comment